Tara and Dillon’s Laurel Creek Manor Wedding was a couple of weeks ago and I’ve been so excited about sharing images from their beautiful day! You might remember Tara and Dillon from their Rattlesnake Lake engagement session… if you don’t, you can see it HERE.
From their wedding website:
IT ALL STARTED BACK IN FLAGSTAFF, AZ
Dillon and Tara met in 2011 while attending Northern Arizona University. Tara’s roommate was friends with the NAU Hockey Team, which Dillon recently joined. Throughout their first year, Tara attended every hockey game, becoming closer to the team and Dillon. After a year of friendship, they realized their attraction for each other. They decided to make it official December 2012- dating ever since! After multiple sprints of long distance (Tara in San Diego, Dillon in Alaska), Tara followed Dillon to Seattle, WA to make a home together. After 4 years of dating, Dillon surprised Tara with a proposal in Alaska!
Dillon and Tara are excited for these new adventures, especially with their two Labradors, Cooper and Tucker, by their side!
- Tara wore a wedding gown that was basically made for her body. I still cannot get over how amazing this dress was – the draping in the train was so beautiful, the neckline did all the right things for her figure, and SHE wore that dress… the dress did not wear her. Plus there was a tasteful slit in the front of the dress that allowed Tara to work it on the dance floor all night long!
- The first looks were incredible. We started with a daddy-daughter first look, leaving everyone in tears… and then walked out to the porch and down the stairs of Laurel Creek Manor for Dillon’s first look. Seeing the bond between Tara and the men in her life was so heartwarming, and looking over to the front door of Laurel Creek Manor to see her dad sneak a peek of Dillon’s first look was the icing on the cake.
- Tara’s walk down the aisle was long and lovely. Often the walk down the aisle goes faster than our hearts want… things feel hurried in the excitement of the event that is about to happen… but Tara and her dad were able to walk from the back patio of the manor all the way through the winding garden paths, and then eventually down the aisle to Dillon. During this walk, Tara and her dad were able to exchange some sweet glances at each other (photos below!) and I’m sure some sweet words were exchanged, too.
- The toasts were ON POINT. Most memorable for me was Tara’s father’s toast. I tear up even thinking about it. The connection these two have is palpable – he spoke of taking her to gymnastics growing up and their long distance texts of “I love yous”. Looking over to see her beautiful mom and sister with tears in their eyes during his toast really brought it home.
- Tara and Dillon were super excited about sneaking away from their reception during golden hour for portraits and it PAID OFF BIG TIME. Laurel Creek Manor has so many beautiful spots for golden hour portraits and we took advantage of all of them. We started on the road outside the front of the venue (thankfully people driving by always love slowing down for a bride and groom!), then spent a little time at the fountain in front of the manor, and ended portraits with a walk through the fields behind the venue to the weeping willow. If there’s a weeping willow at a location, you can count on me to be GAME to shoot there. My grandma loved weeping willows, so they always remind me of her. Definitely a soft spot.
- Lastly, and probably the BEST, was the dance floor! I fell in HARD love with this venue when we could see the very end of golden hour during Tara and Dillon’s first dance behind them. PLUS This group knew how to party!!! There were plenty of dance offs (I may or may not have had a small dance off with Jaimie of Ridgewood Films…) and sing alongs… and a few shirts might have been unbuttoned as the dance floor was heating up. I love a good dance floor and group that likes to party!
Tara and Dillon’s Vendor Team:
- Venue: Laurel Creek Manor
- Coordinator: Friend of Bride – Kari Sandell
- Officiant: Brother of Bride
- Hair + Makeup: Salon Maison
- Florals: Paisley Petals
- Catering: Occasions Catering
- Dessert: Corina Bakery
- Gown Boutique: Magnolia Bridal in San Diego
- Gown Designer: Mikaella Bridal
- Shoes: Kenneth Cole
- Suits: Men’s Warehouse
- Suit Designer: Ralph Lauren
- Videographer: Ridgewood Films