High school sweethearts. There are few things in life as sweet as young love that grows with time. That’s Jenny and Doug.
From their wedding website:
Heading down to the Oregon Coast is not an unusual occurrence for them. Jenny’s Grandparents own a beach house in Gearhart, Oregon on Del Ray Beach. Doug insisted they go down to the beach this particular reason to celebrate their 7 year anniversary that had taken place the weekend prior. Despite Jenny’s efforts to have a relaxing weekend at home, Doug had them in the car on the way down there by 6:30 am on Saturday morning. Little did Jenny know that this weekend was about to change their lives forever.
They arrived at my grandparents house, had a quick lunch & then Doug wanted to celebrate with a nice dinner in Cannon Beach. They walked on the beach headed toward the famous Haystack Rock, before their reservation. This was the first place they said “I Love You” way back when, & before Jenny knew it… Doug popped the question & she said YES! to a life with her best friend.
Jenny quickly realized the surprises weren’t quite over yet. Coming down the beach was their whole family: grandparents, parents & siblings. They had all come down to celebrate their engagement for the weekend.
You guys. I get chills each time I read their engagement story! What a thoughtful man, to involve everyone in a weekend celebration of the joining of their two families. Even better, having the opportunity to spend the weekend with those that will provide lifelong support and guidance for Jenny and Doug as they navigate the next chapter of their life together as husband and wife.
Walking into this wedding weekend I felt extra connected to Jenny and Doug. You might remember Jenny and Doug from this past winter’s extreme adventure engagement session, and if you don’t, feel free to click HERE to read all about it! By the end of our time together at their engagement session, I felt like I had known them a lifetime. I also had the opportunity to witness what an incredible TEAM the two of them make – especially in high adrenaline, super scary situations. They ground each other, and they also have a shared love for Jesus and their walk with him as individuals AND as a couple.
So many favorites from their wedding day:
- The big bridal party! Bridesmaids, groomsmen, junior bridesmaids, a ring bearer… All the people they hold close to their hearts! I loved seeing Jenny and Doug get loved on by their closest friends throughout the day. They truly have a strong support system.
- The venue. If you’re engaged and haven’t been to Marionfield Farm yet: GO. It’s beautiful and so well thought out. From the adorable bridal cottage, to the men’s loft, to the incredible lighting within the barn. Everything is simply beautiful. Not to mention the endless acres of grounds for photo opportunities!
- The element of surprise! Jenny found her dress on a one-on-one date with her beautiful mama. She kept the dress a secret, even from her very best girlfriends, and dressed in private at the venue. This meant that Jenny was able to have a first look with her bridesmaids, her father, AND her almost-husband! I absolutely love the set of photos when Jenny is showing her girls her gown for the first time. Their faces say it all!
- The sense of community with vendors. Jenny and Doug assembled a vendor team of professionals that they had relationships with. They had Jenny’s childhood friend, Andie Kelly, help with the invitation suite, signgage, etc. throughout the entire day. Their cake was made by a family friend’s business.
Jenny and Doug’s Vendor Team:
- Venue: Marionfield Farm
- Event Design, Invitation Design: Andie Kelly
- Day Of Coordination: Ginger Herr
- Floral Design: Cosmic Lilly Design – Stephanie Wall
- Catering: Larry’s Smokehouse
- Rentals: Sweet Buffet Lady
- Hair & Makeup Artistry: Natasha
- Bridal Salon: Dolce Bleu
- Gown Designer: Martina Liana
- Bridesmaid Gowns: Azazie
- Men’s Attire: Menguin & Suit Supply
- Wedding Bands: Warren Jewelers Kirkland
- Dessert: Hillcrest Bakery & Seatown Sweets
- Cinematography: Seattle Wedding Videography
- Photography: Eva Rieb Photography