This Mr. West Cafe Bar Wedding GAVE ME LIFE this past weekend. Let me just say: I adore these two. After Christine and Eric’s incredible Capitol Hill engagement session, I was super pumped for their upcoming wedding at Mr. West Cafe Bar. Favorite things from their day:
- Christine got ready at Thompson Seattle. If you’re into beautiful views, incredible design, and attention to detail… then this is your place. Thompson Seattle is perched just above Pike Place Market. All of the water facing rooms have floor to ceiling windows, eclectic mid-century modern decor, beautiful finishes, and just an overall cool vibe. This was the perfect spot for Christine to get ready. Her sisters and parents all joined in and everything about it was so beautiful. The suite has such beautiful light. I am obsessed with her getting ready photos and bridal portraits that we snagged before leaving for the first look.
- THIS FIRST LOOK. I can’t even begin to describe how beautiful it was. Christine and Eric trusted my creative eye and aesthetic, and were on board to meet at a weird hidden parking lot situated under the viaduct. And I am so thankful they did. This spot offered plenty of privacy (there was literally nobody around!) but also delivered on the funky urban feel that we captured during their engagement session. But, cool setting aside, this first look was full of tears, laughter, and plenty of smiles. It was beautiful.
- The attire at this wedding was out of control in the best way possible. Christine wore an off the shoulder fitted gown with a full illusion button down back and Eric rocked the a burgundy suit. BURGUNDY. The style was so incredibly THEM and I was really into it. The bridesmaids and groomsmen were equally stylish, in attire that perfectly complimented Christine and Eric.
- Christine and Eric were married at Mr. West Cafe Bar in front of a very small group of people – only immediate family. It was simple and beautiful. After their ceremony, friends joined in at Mr. West to celebrate during the reception.
- The venue! Mr. West Cafe Bar is gorgeous. This place is so well thought out. At this point I’m literally melting at the overall style from the day: Thompson Seattle, first look location, attire… and now this place. It’s gorgeous. They operate as a breakfast, lunch, and afternoon bite cafe and offer coffee, tea, drinks, along with yummy food and the coolest assortment of home goods and nicknacks. This place is an amazing little spot and makes an even cooler event venue. The decor, lighting, drinks, and food are all incredible and it was definitely the perfect spot for Christine and Eric to celebrate with everyone they love.
- Christine and Eric set aside a ton of time for portraits of just the two of them and I am SO happy they did. We all arrived a little late to Mr. West due to a protest happening on the very street that Mr. West is on…. so a chunk of the portrait time had to be pushed to post-ceremony. One of the big benefits of having a ton of portrait time, aside from having a SOLID portrait section in their final gallery, is that it affords me the opportunity to get extra creative. I tried new things with light that I haven’t done before and I am really loving the final result. (You’ll notice there’s some moody black and whites in my sneak peek photos below… and I am really loving the direction that things went.)
Christine and Eric: Thank you so much for being YOU. I adore how tailored your wedding day was to suit you as a couple. I cry at nearly every wedding I photograph, but there was something about the intimate ceremony and connections I witnessed that made me extra weepy. You two were clearly made for each other and I am so excited to see where life takes you next. Thank you for trusting me with capturing this season in your life together. All the hugs being sent your way.
- Getting Ready Venue: Thompson Seattle
- Ceremony and Reception Venue: Mr. West Cafe Bar
- Catering: Mr. West Cafe Bar
- Bridal Beauty: Flawless Beauty Bar
- Bridal Hair: Yoshi from Bella Sirena Salon
- Florals: RCL Design Seattle
- Bridal Gown: RCL Design Seattle
- Groom’s Suit: INDOCHINO
- Cake: The Sweetside
- Photo Booth: Seattle Party Shots
- Photography: Eva Rieb Photography