Danielle and Adam were married at The Lodge at Trinity Tree Farm a couple weeks ago and everything about it was perfectly tailored to represent them as a couple. From Danielle’s show stopping illusion back gown, to the Lady Yum macaroon flavor blending and tasting during their wedding ceremony, to their perfect bridal party (just a best man and maid of honor!), to their golf and plane themed four flavor tiered wedding cake, to the kid activity kits and play area, to their sweet wedding favors of his and her favorite chocolates (and some water and aspirin to ease possible post-wedding wine headaches)… every single detail was so well thought out.
Side note: As I write this blog post, I’ve realized something. (#facepalm.) I usually refer back to my engagement session post to include a little backstory of how the couple met and got engaged. I searched and searched my archives to link back to Danielle and Adam’s story and realized I failed to share. I’m horribly embarrassed. I’ll be sure to add this to my queue of posts for this winter!
Favorites from Danielle and Adam’s wedding day:
- The weather. Hands down, the weather. The rain played a major (memorable) role throughout Danielle and Adam’s wedding day. The forecast was on-again-off-again rain for days. Conversations about moving the ceremony inside vs. keeping it outside swirled… ultimately the outside plan won, and I’m so happy we stuck to our guns. The ceremony was stalled until the Doppler showed a break in the weather. Umbrellas were everywhere. We embraced the weather throughout the day and worked with what Mother Nature gave us. So when it absolutely STORMED after dark, well after the ceremony, we had to RUN outside for some romantic umbrella shots… while I was soaking I was also dying behind my camera. Rainy wedding? NBD. It only adds more romance to the story. I’m certain that rain will always fondly remind them of their perfect wedding day.
- Danielle’s wedding style. This girl selected a gown that perfectly showcased her personality. From the designer’s website, “This Talin Stretch Crepe wedding dress evokes Old Hollywood glamour, featuring long sleeves and an illusion open back accented in beading and Swarovski crystals. Illusion cutouts at the embellished jewel neckline complete this sexy yet elegant sheath. Finished with crystal buttons trailing down the train over zipper closure.” Danielle wore this gown like a second skin. Couple an incredible dress with a top beauty stylist (shout out Shyn at Pacific Brides!) and you’ve got an iconic bridal beauty moment in the making. Shyn worked with Danielle on creating a timeless look for her wedding day with big side swept curls and romantic makeup.
- The entrance. The Lodge at Trinity Tree Farm has a grand staircase that the bride walks down on her approach to the wedding ceremony. As soon as the doors opened for Danielle and her Father, all of the guests simultaneously gasped at how statuesque and simply STUNNING Danielle looked. It was a breathtaking moment.
- The couple’s macaroon filled love story. We started their engagement session with prosecco and macaroon’s at Lady Yum in Kirkland. Danielle and Adam frequent the shop and love trying new creative flavors. It was only fitting that during their wedding ceremony, they took their favorite flavors, twisted open the macaroons and combined their pieces to make their own special flavor, unique to their relationship. It was creative, fun, and so perfectly THEM.
- Their small bridal party. Danielle and Adam kept their bridal party simple with just one attendant on either side: a maid of honor and best man. The simplicity of the whole thing was beautiful.
- Their wedding cake situation. Danielle has a career at Boeing and Adam is a golf pro – so their wedding cake was adorned with a little airplane, golf club, and golf balls flying around each cake tier. The outside of the cake was absolutely GORGEOUS and the inside was even better! During their tasting, the couple agreed they couldn’t decide on just one flavor because they were all that delicious… so each of the four tiers featured a different flavor.
- The love. The love throughout the day was palpable. It was clear from the start of the day that Danielle and Adam really focused on ensuring every person at the wedding, from attendants to guests and even us vendors, felt the love. They greeted each person they encountered, made them feel special, and gave each person their attention. Wedding days are sometimes years in the making and then fly by in the blink of an eye… yet somehow these two managed to squeak every single millisecond out of their day and did so by loving on the people who were there.
Truthfully, there are so many things I could talk about that I loved from this wedding. Danielle and Adam are such a wonderful couple. So, if you have questions about any of the details pictured below, drop a comment and I’ll share more info!
- Venue: The Lodge at Trinity Tree Farm
- Event Design and Coordination: Jacques Henry of JDH Events
- Florals: Contemporary Floral by Kristin Pedeferri
- DJ, Officiant, Lighting: Jeremy Hamel
- Catering: Sunshine’s All Natural Catering
- Dessert: Katie Wright of Harbor Cakes
- Macaroons: Lady Yum
- Chalkboard Signage: DIY! Hand lettered by Sister of the Bride!
- Invitation Suite: Perfect Press Printing in Bellevue
- Beauty: Shyn of Pacific Brides
- Gown Boutique: I Do Bridal, Greenwood
- Gown Designer: Arleigh by Maggie Sottero
- Bride’s Shoes: Odila Sandal in Blush Gold by Sam Edelman
- Hairpiece: Morilee Hairpiece by Madeline Gardner
- Velvet Bridesmaid Dress: DesirVale on Etsy
- Suits: Men’s Wearhouse