Katy and Kevin’s Trophy Lake Golf and Casting wedding was a couple weeks ago and I’m so excited to share! After a Friday evening rehearsal with cold temperatures and threatening rain clouds, the sky opened up on Saturday to beautiful sunshine and amazing fall colors everywhere. Trophy Lake Golf and Casting is absolutely gorgeous, located in Port Orchard with gorgeous greens throughout the course and a cabin style clubhouse. The reception hall is open-air with sun screens throughout with the ceremony site directly next door in front of a waterfall and stream feature surrounded by tons of gorgeous landscaping. The drive from Seattle isn’t too long, and if you make the drive around instead of taking a ferry, you get to drive across the beautiful Tacoma Narrows Bridge. (Our own little Golden Gate style bridge in the PNW!)
Favorites from Katy and Kevin’s Trophy Lake Golf and Casting Wedding:
- It was so fun arriving and seeing so many familiar faces. (Katy and Kevin are close friends of one of my husband’s close friends. Click HERE to see Katy and Kevin’s sweet Picnic Point sunset engagement session with their fur-baby Cypher and learn about how we all met!) My husband was even a guest at the wedding, and when my coverage hours were complete I was able to enjoy the end of the wedding reception as a guest. Not a bad way to end a full workday!
- Katy and Kevin had succulents throughout their wedding decor: as boutonnières, in Katy’s bridal bouquet, in the centerpieces, and even all over their wedding cake! I love succulents!!!
- Katy and Kevin honored each other, their attendants, and parents with sweet cards and personal gifts throughout the getting ready portion of the day. Gift giving is one of my love languages and it was fun to see Katy and Kevin love on each other and all their favorite people with gifts.
- Katy made the CUTEST “Oh Sh*t Kit!” for her bridesmaids to take advantage of, just in case there was an “Oh Sh*t!” moment. The kit included a comb, an emergency shot, bandaids, toiletries, hair ties, a lint roller, and so many other random things that someone might need on a wedding day. (See photos below!)
- Katy did a first look with her dad before her first look with Kevin. This sweet exchange was the perfect way to lead into the first look with her almost-husband!
- Katy’s cousin was their officiant and I was SO IMPRESSED. She was a natural! She commanded attention in such a lovely way and added so many personal touches to the ceremony. She and her family even gifted Katy and Kevin videography services from Best Made Wedding Videos! Such a generous gift, and one that Katy and Kevin will cherish forever.
- Kevin and Katy’s fur-baby, Cypher, was their ring bearer and did such a great job!!!
- Katy’s father gave a beautiful toast to the newly married couple, complete with a PowerPoint presentation featuring photos of Katy and Kevin throughout the years. The reactions to the childhood photos of Katy were priceless!
- The dance floor was NEVER empty!!! Katy and Kevin’s reception playlist was full of tons of current hits and plenty of good old songs (Britney? Backstreet Boys? YES.) that kept the dance floor full all night!
- The escort cards for the reception seating were also part of Katy and Kevin’s exit: little cloth baggies full of dried lavender that guests tossed at the couple as they departed their wedding reception for the evening!
- Venue: Trophy Lake Golf and Casting
- Catering: Trophy Lake Golf and Casting
- Cake: Milly Bishop, friend of bride and groom
- Bridal Boutique: I Do Bridal
- Dress Designer: TBD
- Hair and Makeup: Friend of bride and groom
- Suits: Men’s Wearhouse
- Wedding Bands: Shane Co.
- Florals: Karrie Michelle Campbell
- DJ: Nicholas Barrat
- Lighting: Nicholas Barrat
- Videography: Best Made Wedding Videos
- Photography: Eva Rieb Photography